Support » Plugin: UpdraftPlus: WordPress Backup & Migration Plugin » 4/5, Excellent and great plugin, but not perfect.

• UpdraftPlus (I used the free version, but now have the paid version) is my backup plugin of choice. However, it is not absolutely perfect and had a slight hiccup on march 31,2019 when the SSL certificate for auth.updraftplus.com failed to renew. This caused quite a scare for many users who couldn’t backup or restore their websites. Many users believed their own actions had caused an issue with the plugin. Updraftplus acted quickly to fix the problem as soon as possible. One day later SSL was fixed and all functions were restored to all users of the plugin.

Updraftplus provides perhaps the best solution for backing up and restoring your site. With that said, there is some room for improvement. Specifically, I suggest that the plugin have simple measures implemented so that when/if an error occurs on their end (one not caused by the user) a message will be displayed explaining the particular error is not on the end of the user (who might otherwise take actions to try to fix the problem) and that the user should sit back, worry free knowing the updraftplus team has been automatically notified and are currently working on a solution.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by karmikovic. Reason: The problem was quickly fixed
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • This was LetsEncrypt changing the way the SSL’s were handled. UDPlus has resolved the issue. Things happen. I seen your support ticket of course, It was hard to miss. I came here to see if I ever left these wonderful people a review in the past, I couldn’t remember. Well, they’re getting 5-Stars from me today! These people have given us all basically, the ONLY trusted, free way of one (ok, a few) click restore on the repository. This plugin has saved me on numerous occasions. I too “freaked out” when I seen it was no longer working. But I believe your review way to harsh. Just from one WP user to another, kindly consider renaming and bumping your review up to 4 or 5 stars, these people deserve it. Respectfully

@karmikovic – thank you for the feedback. You are correct that UpdraftPlus wasn’t backing up or restoring for many users for a few hours on Sunday as LetsEncrypt changed the way SSL is handled without us being aware. However, we fixed this within hours and so it should now be working for everyone.

We’ve put in place a new process so we’re warned if this unusual situation ever happens again, so we can fix it before there’s a problem.

We hope you continue using UpdraftPlus? If you like what we offer for free, please could you consider changing your review?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘4/5, Excellent and great plugin, but not perfect.’ is closed to new replies.