• Resolved stevegriffith

(@srgriffi)

I don’t know if this matters to anyone, but I get a Warning when updating from RC1 to RC2. Updated successfully, but I guess I need to do some manual cleanup now?

Here is my session showing the Warning:

[me@server255 ~]$ wp cli version
    WP-CLI 2.6.0
    [me@server255 ~]$ wp core update --version=6.1-RC2 --path=/home/me/public_html/
    Updating to version 6.1-RC2 (en_US)...
    Downloading update from https://ww.wp.xz.cn/wordpress-6.1-RC2.zip...
    Unpacking the update...
    Warning: Checksums not available for WordPress 6.1-RC1-54541/en_US. Please cleanup files manually.
    Success: WordPress updated successfully.
    [me@server255 ~]$
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • If I’m not mistaken this issue from 2019 (!) seems to be related: https://github.com/wp-cli/core-command/issues/141

So there’s an issue logged, but no fix yet.

Thread Starter stevegriffith

(@srgriffi)

@ramonopoly: Thanks for looking at this! That sure does look like the same issue. Should I be posting something in that thread?

Just to clarify, using WP-CLI to update from 6.0.2 to 6.1-RC1 did successfully clean up 15 files. Using the same procedure to update from 6.1-RC1 to RC2 is what produced the warning message Warning: Checksums not available for WordPress 6.1-RC1-54541/en_US. Please cleanup files manually.

So I don’t have time to dig through my installation to figure out if any files need to be removed. I had planned to run the upgrade to RC3 and then to the mainstream 6.1 release when available. Now I may abandon WP-CLI and just bite the bullet on a fresh installation from the zip file when the time comes. Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks again!

Should I be posting something in that thread?

I’d say it wouldn’t hurt. Maybe it will usher things along 🙂

Now I may abandon WP-CLI and just bite the bullet on a fresh installation from the zip file when the time comes. Do you have any recommendation?

Not really, sorry. I’m the type to nuke everything when I want a clean start, so maybe your idea is the cleanest.

Thanks for follow it up though!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘6.1 RC2 – WP-CLI error message’ is closed to new replies.